Friday, April 10, 2009

God so loved the world

My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?
O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer;
But I am a worm and not a man, a reproach of men and
despised by the people.
All who see me sneer at me; they separate with the lip,
they wag the head, saying, "Commit yourself to the LORD;
let Him deliver him; Let Him rescue him, because He delights
in him."
Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb;
You made me trust when upon my mother's breasts.
Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God
from my mother's womb.
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax; it is melted within me.
My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue cleaves
to my jaws;
A band of evildoers has encompassed me; they pierced
my hands and my feet.
I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me;
They divide my garments among them, and for my clothing
they cast lots.
You who fear the LORD, praise Him;
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
and all the families of the nations will worship before You.
For the kingdom is the LORD'S and He rules over the nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment