Sunday, August 9, 2015

Can an American Lose Her/His Citizenship?

___”All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.” My citizenship is due to my birth in Alabama. My father's citizenship is due to his birth in North Carolina. My mother's citizenship is due to her birth in Alabama. My wife was born in Scotland to a Polish father and a Scottish mother. They came to the United States when she was several months old. Persons not born in the United States may become citizens by rejecting allegiance to the country of their birth and swearing allegiance to the United States. In my wife's case she recited the pledge of allegiance daily in elementary school in Hawaii. All citizens must be subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.

___If an American citizen travels to another country with the intent of giving allegiance to the country or training to harm the United States, then her/his passport should be seized and destroyed. As enemies they should be rejected from ever entering the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment